Each resident of Pakistan is given an individual number known as an NTN, or national tax number. It is a a ten-digit number. The Federal Board of Revenue, which is in charge of managing and collecting taxes in Pakistan, conducts the online NTN verification process. You must visit their website and provide your CNIC number along with a few other pieces of information in order to authenticate your NTN.
Every individual who is willing to earn in Pakistan can no doubt be eligible to pay tax. Being a Pakistani citizen it is the most important responsibility to pay taxes on time. Meanwhile, it is equally important to pay it in the right way. To register as a legal taxpayer, you must have an NTN number.
Here we discuss NTN registration and how you can easily get NTN number, whatever types they may be.
How To Get NTN Number From FBR?
You can now easily get your National Tax Number (NTN) from FBR as the process is almost online nowadays. It's not compulsory to visit the Federal Board of Revenue office to get your National Tax Number. If your income is taxable then you have to get NTN from FBR. If your yearly income is 6 lacs then you are liable to pay income tax.
Now FBR has linked the system with NADRA’s database so that online verification of CNIC provided can be done. You have to follow simple steps and must provide the required documents. Here is the list of steps to follow.
- Valid Computerized National Identity Card Number (CNIC).
- Mobile number registered in your name.
- Valid email address.
- Scanned copies of documents.
- During the registration process, SMS and email with code on the mobile number and email ID provided will be sent and required to be entered.
- Once codes are entered and found correct by IRIS, the login ID and password will be sent to the same mobile and email ID.
- Using Login credentials as mentioned above, application form u/s 181 is required to be filled in, and scanned copies of documents are required to be attached with property details, business, and bank account details.
- Once the Form mentioned above is submitted, the NTN number will be allotted within 1 hour of submission.
- A submitted copy of form 181 shall be treated as NTN for all purposes.
Steps To Getting National Tax Number(NTN)
Here are the simple steps to get your NTN
Get the link from official site of fbr and start the process.
If you have not yet registered, avail the registration option.
A form will be loaded asking for following information:
- Contact numbe
- Email address
Fill all of these correctly.
After completing , make sure you have provided the right information and submit. A code will be sent to your contacts.
Enter the code correctly and use received passwords and User ID to log in.
After logging into your account you will see drafts.
Click on edit, you will find following tabs.
- Personal Tab
- Business Tab
- Property Tab
- Link Tab
- Bank Account tab.
Step 8 :
Fill out all of the required fields on the registration form. You must enter your employer's NTN in the Link page if you work for a corporation. The Business Tab and Bank Tab don't require any information to be entered. To finish registering, hit submit. The data you provided on the registration form should be double-checked. The materials listed above must be attached to the message.
Types Of NTN Registration Online
There are three main types of online NTN:
1. Personal NTN
NTN number issues on the CNIC of the person via FBR’s online NTN verification system. It usually issues to salaried individuals or business individuals.
2. Association of individuals (AOP) / Partnership
A type of NTN issues to the partnership business of two or more partners. Affiliation of individuals is the partnership between partners of at least two. It is issued on the registration certificates of the AOP.
3. Company’s NTN
NTN that is issued to the company–The registration certificates of the registration issued from the Securities and is also verified through FBR’s online NTN verification system.
Documents Required For Salaried Persons NTN Registration
If you are a salaried person then the required documents are given below;
- CNIC copy
- Paid electricity bill of the house (not older than 3 months).
- Latest payslip.
- Valid Contact Numbers & Email address
- National Tax Number (NTN) of Employer, Office Address, and valid Email address
Documents Required For Business NTN Registration
If you are a businessman then the required documents are given below;
- CNIC copy
- Paid electricity bill of business location(last 3 months).
- Blank Business Letter Head.
- Property papers or Rental Agreement(Rental Agreement printed on Rs. 200/- stamp paper).
- Contact Numbers & Email address.
- Business Nature.
Why Do You Require An National Tax Number (NTN)?
As per the rules of FBR, it is mandatory for all salaried persons as well as interpenurers to pay taxes before the due date. When you are liable for paying tax then you must have an NTN number that will be legally authorized by FBR.
NTN will help you register tax filers in Pakistan. It has many legal advantages such that;
- You have to pay less vehicle token tax.
- Less tax rate on banking transactions.
- Less tax on property transactions etc.
If you are a business owner, then you have to register your NTN by yourself & register your company also. But if you are a salaried employee then your employer can generate NTN for you. However, you have to file the tax returns in FBR annually irrespective of your earnings or profits.
How To Check NTN Number Online In Pakistan By CNIC
If you want to check National Tax Number (NTN) by using CNIC Number then follow
the below method:
- Open the website of FBR.
- Click on the tab Search Taxpayers.
- Click on the tab NTN Inquiry.
- Click on the Taxpayer Profile Inquiry option from the left sidebar.
- Select your relevant option from the drop-down.
- Provide your Registration No in the registration field.
- Provide your CNIC in the CNIC field.
- Provide a captcha against the Captcha field.
- To provide information click the Submit button.
- You will get all the details of the taxpayer.
- Here, the Reference number is the taxpayer’ NTN number.